Go Red For Women® celebrates the energy, passion and power we have as women to band together to wipe out heart disease and stroke.
Heart disease is still the No. 1 killer of women, taking the life of 1 in 3 women each year. This means women just like you - mothers, sisters, friends - are dying at the rate of one per minute because they don't know what you know: heart disease kills.
Women have come together here in the fight against heart disease in women. Take your seat at the table with dedicated women and men just like you. Hear their survivor stories, learn how heart disease affects a family and how you can help stop heart disease in our lifetime. Share our mission to fight the No. 1 killer of women.
Make It Your Mission to fight heart disease in women. By sharing this commitment, together we can help save lives. Be a part of this extraordinary day.
Make It Your Mission.
Tri-County Go Red For Women Luncheon
October 24, 2012
Falkirk Estate and Country Club
206 Smith Clove Road
Central Valley, NY 10917
Purchase Event Tickets
Go Red For Women is the American Heart Association’s solution to save women’s lives – educating and connecting millions of women of all ages. Heart disease is still the No. 1 killer of women, causing 1 in 3 deaths each year. This means women just like you - mothers, sisters, friends - are dying at the rate of one per minute because they don’t know what you know: heart disease kills. Since 2004, Go Red For Women has Made It Their Mission to save lives by bringing a voice to this silent killer. This year, Make It YOUR Mission to stop the No. 1 killer by donating funds to support scientific research and educational programs promoting women’s heart health.
The truth is: our lives are in our hands. We can stop our No. 1 killer together by sharing the truth. We can be the difference between life and death.
Uncover the truth about heart disease and make ending it a reality at GoRedForWomen.org.
WHY TAKE ACTION?
• More women die of heart disease than all forms of cancer combined.
• While one in 31 American women dies from breast cancer each year, one in three dies of cardiovascular disease.
• Currently, some eight million women in the U.S. are living with heart disease, yet only one in six American women believe that heart disease is her greatest health threat.
• Ninety percent of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease.
• Only 43 percent of African American women and 44 percent of Hispanic women know that heart disease is their greatest health risk, compared with 60 percent of white women.
• In women, heart disease is too often a silent killer – less than a third of women in a recent survey reported any early warning signs such as chest pain or discomfort before a heart attack, compared with most men.
• Only slightly more than half of women are likely to call 911 if experiencing symptoms. And yet, 79 percent of women said that they would call 911 if someone else was having a heart attack.
WHY GO RED?
Research shows that women who Go Red are more likely to make healthy choices.
• More than one-third have lost weight.
• Nearly 50 percent have increased their exercise.
• Six out of 10 have changed their diets.
• More than 40 percent have checked their cholesterol levels.
• One-third have talked with their doctors about developing heart health plans.
UNCOVER THE TRUTH at GoRedForWomen.org and share it with the women you love: For more information about Go Red For Women, visit GoRedForWomen.org or call 1-888-MY-HEART.
nationally sponsored by
Locally sponsored by